Beach & Pond Information
Resident Beach & Pond Stickers
2022-2023 Resident Beach / Pond and Long Beach 4x4 stickers are valid for both the 2022 and 2023 beach/pond seasons and expire on December 31, 2023. Residents are advised not to remove their 2022-2023 sticker until it expires on December 31, 2023.
If a sticker is removed, a replacement sticker is available for a fee. The eligible person must bring the sticker to the Collector’s Office in Town Hall, or a piece of the sticker large enough to identify the vehicle, to be eligible for replacement. Full price is charged if the sticker is not returned.
Resident Beach / Pond and Long Beach 4x4 Stickers are available to be purchased online, via City Hall Systems.
Starting on May 15, 2023, through August 4, 2023, stickers will be available for purchase in person at the Collector's Office. Payments will be accepted in the form of cash, check, or credit card. Please note in-person sales will only be available for purchase during the hours listed below. Any purchases outside of these dates will be available online only. Bring your vehicle's registration when you are purchasing your sticker.
In-Person Sticker Sale Hours - May 15, 2023, through August 4, 2023
- Monday 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Mail-In applications will be accepted. Please note that mail-in applications may take longer to process.
The Plymouth Recreation Department is responsible for operating five waterfront areas including two ocean beaches and three ponds; Plymouth Beach, White Horse Beach, Fresh Pond, Morton Park, and Hedges Pond. The Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs is responsible for operating Long Beach and the 4x4 Crossover.
Beach & Pond Bylaws and Regulations
- No alcohol on any beaches or ponds.
- No glass containers.
- No loud music.
- Dogs must be on a 6-foot leash (or less) and under control at all times.
- No open fires.
- No boats within 150 feet of a swimmer.
- No jet skis on Morton, Fresh, or Hedges Pond.
- No fishing in designated swimming areas during hours of operation.
- All personal flotation devices must meet Coast Guard approval.
- Lifeguards have the final say in rule enforcement.
- Drones and kites are not allowed on beaches from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- No charcoal grills are allowed at any beach or pond.
Shark Alert Information
- Red Flag: confirmed sighting, beaches closed to swimming
- Yellow Flag: unconfirmed sighting, swim with caution