2021 Special Election Voting Information
Ballot Box at Town Hall
- Please note: All election materials may be returned to the ballot box including ballot applications, ballots, and voter registrations.
- The ballot box is located at the main entrance to Town Hall and is available 24/7.
- Please be sure that your ballot envelope is signed and that your ballot is inside the ballot envelope.
- Sample Ballots Will Be Here Once Available
2021 Dates & Deadlines
- June 25th (Deadline 5 pm): Last day for candidates to return nomination papers
- July 13 (Deadline 5 pm): Last day for a candidate to withdraw from the ballot (Special Town)
- July 23 (Open until 8 pm): Last day to Register to vote or change registration (Town)
- August 13 (Deadline Noon): Last day for absentee voting in person
- August 14 (Polls will be open from 7 am to 7 pm): Special Local Election
- October 16: Town Meeting
For more information, please view the Campaign Finance Guide for Municipal Candidates (PDF).
Please note: Town Meeting Members do not have to file Campaign Finance Reports. Campaign finance reports will be due from all townwide candidates 8 days before the election and 30 days after the election.
Learn more about Candidate Information for Political Signs (PDF).
Voting by Mail in 2021
Under a state law passed in July 2021, voting by mail will be allowed in all local and state elections through December 15, 2021. You do not need to have an excuse to cast an early ballot by mail.
To apply to vote by mail, complete the
Vote by Mail Application and submit the signed application to the Clerk's Office by mail, ballot drop box, in person, submit via email to Ballots, or fax to 508-830-4116. The deadline to apply for a mail-out ballot for the August Special Election is August 10, 2021, at 5 pm. All ballots must be received in the Clerk's Office by 7 pm on August 14th.
Absentee Ballot Application
Download the Absentee Ballot Application (PDF). If you are applying for a family or household member, a member of the military, or a U.S. Citizen residing abroad, please use the absentee ballot application. Completed absentee applications may be returned via email to Ballots, mailed, to the ballot box, or by fax to 508-830-4116. If you are applying for a voter that has been admitted to a healthcare facility or ordered to quarantine within 7 days of the election, please call the Town Clerk, Pearl Sears at 508-322-3301.
All applications must be signed by the voter or a family or household member. All requests must be received by August 9, 2021, at 5 pm.
Envelopes to return ballots will not be postage paid and will require 2 stamps or you can return your ballot by depositing it in the ballot drop box at Town Hall. All ballots must be received in the Town Clerk's Office by the close of polls on election day.
In-Person Absentee Voting
In-person absentee voting will be available once ballots are received and continue until Noon on August 13, 2021, during Town Hall hours.