Household Hazardous Waste Collection

Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs

The Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs coordinates Plymouth's Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collections with the South Shore Recycling Cooperative (SSRC).  Plymouth hosts two collections per year in the spring and fall.  Anyone with proof of Plymouth residency may attend either or both events at no charge.  Participation in Town-provided trash and recycling services is not required to attend.

Plymouth residents may attend the other 10-12 SSRC HHW collections per year at no charge WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCY SHOWN AT THE EVENT.  A visitor authorization form is no longer required.  Contact Kerin McCall by email or at (508)747-1620 x10201 with any questions. 

Pre-registration is required.  For HHW dates, locations, and more details, go to the South Shore Recycling Cooperative's Hazardous Waste page.  Pre-register online at the SSRC page or call (781)329-8318.

In addition to the materials accepted at all events, flares are accepted at the Plymouth collections.

Propane tanks, motor oil, antifreeze, auto & rechargeable batteries, and fluorescent lamps will not be accepted at the collection.  Residents can bring these materials to the Manomet Transfer Station year-round with Town-provided trash and recycling services or a Recyling Only pass.

Latex paint is messy, but not hazardous. If not recyclable as described below, absorb liquid with cat litter and dispose in trash.  Usable leftover latex paint is accepted and recycled into new paint products at Recolor® Paints in Hanover for a small fee.  To see if your paint qualifies for recycling, go to or call 833-RECOLOR (732-6567).