Ponds Access Information
Click the map below for an interactive database showing infomation about virtually every recognized body of water in Plymouth!
Excel File List of Ponds - Coincides with database in interactive map.
Maps dating from the 1970's through 2020 have been compiled into one document. Several color bathymetric maps were released by the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife in January of 2020 and are the most accurate contour measurement map produced to date. These ponds' older counterpart maps have been retained in the document as well.
Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Project and Pond Monitoring Program
In 2014 the Town of Plymouth Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs received $38,854 in grant funding from the Massachusetts Environmental Trust. This funding enable’s the Town and Project Partner UMASS Dartmouth - School of Marine Science and Technology (SMAST) to commence the Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Program (PALS) and Pond Atlas for water quality analysis and reporting in 39 ponds throughout Plymouth. Click here for additional information. In 2015 the following ponds are slated to be sampled and added to the Atlas: Little Sandy Pond, Lout Pond, Cooks Pond, Great Island Pond, Honeypot Lake, Island Pond (near Great Herring), Triangle Pond.
Quality Assurance Project Plan
- 2014 Sampling The Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Atlas June 2015 is now available - Download June 2015 PALS Atlas.
- 2015 Sampling - Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Atlas Update 1, May 2016 is now available - Download May 2016 PALS Update.
- 2016 Sampling - Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Atlas Update 1, May 2017 is now available - Download May 2017 PALS Update
- 2017 Sampling and Excel Database - Download Excel Database
- 2018 Sampling and Excel Database - Download Excel Database
- 2019 Sampling and Excel Database - Download Excel Database
- 2020 Sampling and Excel Database - Download Excel Database
- 2021 Sampling and Excel Database - Download Excel Database
Pond and Watershed Studies
June 2015: Plymouth Ponds and Lakes Stewardship Atlas The Atlas includes the following ponds: Bartlett, Big Sandy, Big West, Billington Sea, Bloody, Boot, Clam Pudding, Clear, Deer, Ezekiel, Forge, Fresh, Fresh Meadow, Gallows, Great Herring, Great South, Gunners Exchange, Halfway, Hedges, Hoyts, Jakes, Little, Little Herring, Little Long, Little South, Little West, Long, Long Island, Micajah, Moreys Hole, North Triangle, Round, Russell Mill, Saby, Savery, Shallow, Ship, Wall, White Island
Biological Monitoring Data
July 2011 Biological Monitoring Data Report. The report includes the following ponds: Great Herring, Little Herring,Great South, Little, Billington Sea, Long, Little Long, Gallows, Halfway, Round, Bloody, Clear, Boot, Bartlett, Fresh, Big Sandy, Lout, Little South.