General Laws of Massachusetts (Chapter 51, § 4) mandate an annual street listing (town census) of residents as of January 1 of each year. All residents were mailed a pre-filled form in January, please return the form by mail or e-mail. If you need assistance or have questions, please feel free to contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (508) 747-1620 ext 10218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is it important to return the census?
- It is used to assist public safety and emergency responders
- It is used to apply for grants
- It is used to assist the Town and State in calculating State and Federal aid
- It is used to project future school enrollment and for registration outreach
- It is used to update the voter list – if you are a voter and do not respond, you could be made inactive on the voting list.
- It serves as proof of residency which residents need to qualify for veteran’s benefits, in-state tuition at state schools and other programs
All residents, not just voters, should return the form each year. If you wish to verify your voter registration status, click here.
2023 dog licenses are now available from the Town Clerk's Office. Current dog licenses expired on December 31, 2022. Dog license fees are $15 for a spayed/neutered dog or $25 for an intact dog.
Registration process (dogs not previously licensed with Plymouth will need to use the mail option to obtain a license):
- ONLINE: Dog owners can renew the dog licenses online at https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/selection. Please click view bills, select Clerk fees and add dog licenses, shipping, and handling fees to your cart. You will have the opportunity to upload a new rabies certificate and update your information.
- MAIL: Submit a completed request form including all dogs in household, along with a copy of current Rabies certificate(s), proof of spay/neuter, and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please make checks payable to the Town of Plymouth.
- IN PERSON: Dog owners can renew the dog licenses at the Town Clerk's Office, at Plymouth Town Hall, 26 Court Street.
Please inform this office if you no longer own a dog so we may keep our records up to date. Lastly, kennel licenses are required for owners of four or more dogs.
If you have any questions, please call 508-747-1620 or email email@example.com