Plymouth Beach Permits
All taxes and fees owed to the Town must be current or no permits will be issued. Any request for any license or permit including renewals and transfers for any person, corporation or business enterprise, who has neglected or refused to pay any local taxes, fees, assessments, betterments or any other municipal charges will be denied.
• An Eligible Person is a Plymouth residential property owner or year-round tenant of a residential dwelling in the Town of Plymouth.
• An Eligible Vehicle is a 4x4 or All Wheel Drive vehicle owned by an Eligible Person.
Proof of Eligibility;
- Privately Owned Vehicles: A current vehicle registration permanently assigned to the eligible vehicle must be provided that shows the name of the Eligible Person as the owner and a Plymouth Street address.
- Leased Vehicles: In the case of leased vehicles, the Eligible Person's name and Plymouth address must appeal- on the lease agreement which must be presented with the registration at the time of sticker purchase. Lease agreement will not be viewed on phones or other devices you must have an actual paper copy of your lease agreement.
3. Out of Town Residential Registration: If the vehicle is registered at a residential address outside Plymouth, additional documentation must be provided showing that the registered owner or lessee of the 4x4 vehicle is the owner of residential property in Plymouth. This documentation must be presented with the registration at the time of purchase.
4. In Town and Out of Town Business Registration: If the 4x4 vehicle is registered to a business located in or out of the Town of Plymouth, the eligible person must provide additional documentation, showing that he/she is the sole operator or lessee of the 4x4 vehicle and is the owner of residential property in Plymouth. Proof of his/her relationship to the business at the time of sticker purchase is also necessary. All support documentation must be presented with the registration at the time of purchase.
5. Ineligibility: Because their intended use is to be moved from one vehicle to another, General Registration Plates, including dealer, repair, and farm plates are not eligible for Long Beach 4x4 permits.
Senior/ Handicap Rate:
To qualify for the discounted rate as a senior citizen, the Eligible Person must provide proof of age over 62 years for themselves or for their spouse. To qualify for the discounted rate because of a handicap, the Eligible Person must provide proof of a handicap, such as a handicap plate or placard for themselves or a family member living in the same household. No more than two handicap stickers per household.
Other Conditions of Permit:
The sticker must be permanently affixed to the permitted vehicle and is not transferable to other vehicles. The registration on the sticker must match the registration on the vehicle. Additional stickers must be purchased for other eligible vehicles.
By purchasing a Long Beach 4x4 sticker, the Eligible Person agrees to follow all rules and regulations. The sticker, and the associated privileges, may be suspended or revoked in accordance with the Plymouth Long Beach Enforcement Regulations Policy.
Parking may be limited by extreme high tides, shorebird closures, or when vehicle limits have been reached, as well as any unforeseen emergency. The possession of a sticker does not guarantee parking and stickers are non-refundable.
If a vehicle is temporarily replaced by a rental vehicle due to an accident or repair, the vehicle owner may request a temporary permit. The following must be provided: Vehicle registration and permit number, rental vehicle registration, and anticipated length of rental. The temporary permit is valid only for the rental vehicle registration and is not transferable to other vehicles.
Long Beach 4x4 stickers may be replaced free of charge in the case of an accident, sale, or change in registration involving the permitted vehicle. The eligible person must bring the sticker, or a piece of the slicker large enough to identify the vehicle, to be eligible for free replacement. Full price is charged if the sticker is not returned.