I'm selling/buying a house in town. Do I have to change my name and address?

Your real estate agent should have taken care of this already. If you have no agent please check with the closing attorney. All outstanding utility bills stay with the property and if no closing is ordered you will be responsible for any outstanding balances due along with interest, penalties and possibly liens.

Real estate agents must submit a Final Reading Request via email 7 to 10 business days before the closing to ensure a reading can be done on time for the closing. You can find the online submittal form here: