The social work staff located at the Center for Active Living provides information, support, and referral assistance through telephone contact, office visits, home visits, and community presentations.
Range of Services
- Information & Referral Services for support services for older adults and their caregivers.
- Support Groups and resources for caregivers and bereavement.
- Long Distance Family Caregivers support & resources.
- Long Term Care Planning including in-home options, assisted living, nursing home, and Old Colony Elder Services.
- Benefits Application Assistance including MassHealth, SNAP & fuel assistance.
- SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone): Assists with Medicare, MassHealth, & other health insurance information. Call (508) 830-4230 for more information, by appointment only.
- Personal Emergency Response System referral information
- Housing information and referrals
- Legal Aid & Financial Planning: CAL works with Elder Law Attorneys and a Financial Planner who provide consultations free of charge once per month. Call to schedule an appointment.