The Community Preservation Act permits cities and towns to establish a restricted fund from which monies can be appropriated only for:
- The acquisition, creation and preservation of open space
- The acquisition, preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic resources
- The acquisition, creation, preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of land for recreational use
- The acquisition, creation, preservation and support of community housing
- The rehabilitation and restoration of open space or community housing that is acquired or created using monies from the fund
- A municipal affordable housing trust.
Adopted in 2002, the Town of Plymouth currently has a surcharge of 1.5%. The following projects reflect balances as of June 2022.