The Plymouth Commission on Disabilities serves as a resource to the Town of Plymouth community to address accessibility, equal rights, and other issues of concern to people with disabilities.
Specifically in accordance with M.G.L. chapter 40, Section 8J, the Commission is responsible for:
- Researching local problems of people with disabilities
- Advising and assisting municipal officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities
- Coordinating or carrying out programs designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities in coordinating with programs of the MA Office on Disability
- Reviewing and making recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities, and facilities of departments, boards, and agencies of the Town of Plymouth as they affect people with disabilities
- Providing information, referrals, guidance, and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses, and organizations in all matters pertaining to disabilities
- Coordinating activities of other local groups organized for a similar purpose
The Plymouth Commission on Disabilities is compromised of seven members, all of whom are appointed by the Town Manager.
- Paul McGee, Chair
- Frances Carney
- Barry DeBlasio
- Donna Healy
- Heidi MacCurtain
- Tzynya Pinchback