- Marine & Environmental Affairs
- Animal Control
- Plymouth Animal Shelter
Plymouth Animal Shelter
The Plymouth Animal Shelter is a town facility in the Cedarville section of Plymouth. We provide shelter to homeless and abandoned cats and dogs of Plymouth. We are open for adoption viewings by appointment only. Please call us at 508-888-1186 to see what animals are currently in our care and available for adoption.
We strive to match you with a companion that is suitable for you and your family's lifestyle. Some of the animals we rescue have been abused in past homes, so we try our hardest to find them the safest "forever" home possible.
- We do not do same-day adoptions.
- When you meet an animal that you would like to adopt, you will fill out an application and we will check your veterinary references. This process usually takes between 24 to 48 hours, but occasionally may take more or less time.
- Some animals want to be your one and only, or have a lot of energy and need a fenced yard to run around, so we will ask about other pets and your home's indoor and outdoor environments.
- Meet our Pets Awaiting Adoption!
At this time we are not accepting volunteers. Thank you for thinking of us though!
Our Wish List
You can drop off at any time! We have a large covered donation drop box right next to our front door.
- Gift certificates to your favorite pet store or local supermarket (we use supermarket gift certificates for kong fillers, marrow bones, peanut butter and hot dogs for medications)
- Paper towels, dishwashing soap, laundry detergent
- Sponges with a scrub side, bleach, disinfectant wipes, floor cleaner
- Dry and canned dog food, treats, and peanut butter (no fake sugar please!)
- Dry and canned cat food, treats and catnip
- Flea, tick and heartworm preventative for both cats and dogs
- Cat litter, cat litter, and more cat litter. Our kitties would love to have bags and bags of cat litter!
- Dog toys, blankets, towels, comforters, dog and cat beds in good condition.
Thank you in advance for your gift to our pets. All donations are greatly appreciated and provide for the health and well-being of our animals. If there is anything not listed here that you would like to donate, please call and ask! Our numbe3r is 508-888-1186.
- What types of animals do you take in?
Our shelter provides housing for domestic dogs and cats only. We do not take in birds, reptiles, or other small mammals. Additionally, our shelter is a limited intake facility, meaning that animals surrendered to us need to meet specific requirements in order for us to accept them. Only residents of Plymouth with proof of residency may surrender their animals to our shelter. Upon beginning the surrender process you will be asked questions about your pet including but not limited to medical history, behavioral problems, bite history, etc.
- I need to surrender my pet. How do I do that?
First, consider an alternative to surrendering your pet. There are many resources that can help with behavior problems, moving, military deployment, economic hardship, and other issues. If you must give up your pet and have no other option, consider keeping your pet until you can find a permanent home for the animal, or contact a rescue group. A shelter environment can be very stressful to an animal. If you cannot resolve the challenges you are having with your pet and you are unable to rehome your pet, please call our shelter at 508-888-1186.