- Health and Human Services
- Public Health
- Community Health
- Suicide Prevention
Resources for Plymouth County Suicide Prevention Coalition
Call or text the following numbers:
- National Suicide Prevention LifeLine - 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veterans, press 1
- Spanish press 2
- Call 2 Talk (United Way) - 508-532-2255 or TEXT C2T to 741741
- Samaritans MA Statewide Hotline - 1-877-870-HOPE (4673) Call or Text 24 hours a day
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health Crisis Hotline - Call 800-322-1356
- Statewide Emergency Service Program 877-382-1609 24/7
- Plymouth Area - Child and Family Services of New Bedford - 877-996-3154 24 hours a day
- High Point Treatment Center Plymouth - 508-224-7704 or Outpatient - 508-224-7705
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth - 508-746-2000
- Emergency Department - Clinician's Office - 508-830-2159
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Massachusetts Coalition for Suicide Prevention (MCSP)
Lifeline - anonymous screenings
American Foundation Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
Resources available to loss survivors, plus More Than Sad video is a school-based program that provides an overview of the causes and treatment of suicidal behavior in teens and emphasizes the role of (parents) and teachers (an others adults) in identifying and referring at-risk teens and depression. Some other programs are: "It's Real", Talk Saves Lives, SafeTALK"
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid - Resource information and Class registration
Riverside Trauma Center
Riverside Trauma Center - 888-851-2451 Call 24 hours a day
Riverside Trauma Center, a service of Riverside Community Care, provides critical incident services to communities, schools, health and human services providers, organizations, government agencies, workplaces, and individuals in many areas of Massachusetts.
Their team is composed of highly-trained, licensed mental health professionals who have expertise in managing acute trauma, sudden or violent death, traumatic grief, and other highly stressful events.
They provide Community outreach, consultation, and counseling to help people recover from the overwhelming stress caused by traumatic events, including natural disasters, serious accidents, suicides, homicides, unexpected deaths, highly stressful events, and terrorism.
Education to communities and organizations about suicide prevention and postvention, psychological trauma, resilience, and the emotional needs of returning veterans.
- With Help Comes Hope - Lifeline
- A Voice at the Table - to address the need for the lived and the learned experience of suicide attempt survivors to be welcomed at the treatment and education tables for suicide prevention.
- A Voice at the Table Documentary
- Voices Still Unheard - Youth attempt survivors and parents share their lived experiences.
- LGBTQ youth - The Trevor Project | For Young LGBTQ Lives
- LGBTQ Addiction and Mental Health Resource
- Massachusetts Mental Health Resources for Men - confidential online screenings 24/7
- National Suicide Prevention Resource Center - Free Webinars, articles, etc.
- Behavioral Health Resources (PDF)
Cranberry Hospice & Palliative Care - Plymouth, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Cranberry Hospice provides grief support to any member of the community seeking assistance free of charge. Services are provided to adults, teens, and children. Adult Support groups meet at Hope Floats Healing and Wellness Center in Kingston.
Hope Floats Wellness Center - Kingston, MA
Hope Floats Wellness Center
Hope Floats offers bereavement and an educational center for individuals and families who are grieving or facing other life challenges. Their mission is to help people cope with loss, support their healing, and nurture their physical and emotional well-being.
- Email Jennie M. Babcock, Chair and Exec Board Rep. - Phone: 508-254-9320
- Plymouth Suicide Prevention Coalition
Email Plymouth Suicide Prevention Coalition
Free Training available- Mental Health First Aid, (Adult, Youth, and Safety Personnel), QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer), SafeTALK, Talk Saves Lives. We also have ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (at a small cost).