Well Water Tests

The Town of Plymouth does not conduct testing for wells. You will need to contact a private company to perform testing.

Well water tests are not required for transfers of property unless the well is less than 100 feet from the septic system. In that case, the following items must be tested according to 310 CMR 15.303:

  • Ammonia nitrogen
  • Fecal coliform
  • Nitrate nitrogen
  • VOCs (volatile organic compounds)

Below are two local laboratories for you to contact. The Town of Plymouth does not endorse any one business nor is this list all-encompassing; it merely provides you with several locally situated companies that are in good standing with the Public Health Department.