Plymouth is working to increase the percentage of the energy it gets from renewable sources. This includes the energy used to power municipal operations, as well as residential and commercial operations.
Community Choice Power Supply Program
Plymouth Community Choice Program is an electricity aggregation program, which is a type of group electricity purchasing program for Plymouth residents and businesses from the Town of Plymouth. Program participants receive electricity from renewable sources and long-term, stable electricity supply prices (though savings compared with Eversource’s prices cannot be guaranteed).
- Residents can verify their supplier by viewing their Eversource Electric Bill on Page 2, Total Charges for Electricity – Supplier. If Dynegy is noted as the supplier, then no further action is required as they are already enrolled in Plymouth’s Program.
- If not, residents may call Dynegy at 866-220-5696 to sign up. To make the switch to a 100% renewable energy supply, view the Energy Switch website or call DYNEGY at the above number. You will need your Eversource account number to sign up.
Participating in Plymouth's Community Choice program will change your electricity supplier and the price Eversource uses to calculate the supply portion of your electricity bill, but participating will not replace Eversource as your electric utility. Eversource is still the company you call for service or power outages, and they are still the company that will bill you for your electricity use. Also, because Eversource's prices change and future prices are not known, future savings compared with Eversource's prices cannot be guaranteed.
Please note: Please note the Department of Public Utilities has mandated that the Town of Plymouth provide the following disclaimer. "The Town of Plymouth does acknowledge that Basic Service rates change twice a year or more, depending on rate class. As a result, the aggregation rate may not always be lower than the Basic Service rate. The goal of the aggregation is to deliver savings over the life of the Program against Eversource Basic Service. However, such savings and future savings cannot be guaranteed."
Third Party Solicitations
You have the right to choose your own electricity supplier. If you choose to sign a contract with an electricity supplier other than Eversource or the Community Choice Program, the Town recommends that read the fine print closely for:
- A low introductory price that later rises or varies sharply.
- Contracts that commit you to a certain period of time and charge an early termination fee if you try to leave early.
- Claims that another program offers the same renewable energy as Lexington's Community Choice program.
If someone calls you or comes to your door and wants to talk to you about your electricity bill, they do not represent the Town of Plymouth or Eversource. Neither Plymouth's Community Choice program nor Eversource, will ever call you or come to your door. If someone does call or come to your door, protect your Eversource account number. Treat it like a credit card number. Remember, if anyone you don't know asks to see a copy of your electricity bill, you do not need to provide it.