Open Gov Online Permitting
Open Gov Citizen Services is a web-based electronic and document workflow solution that allows Owners, Architects, Contractors, and Homeowners to initiate and complete the building permit plan submission, review, approval, and inspection process online from anywhere, 24 hours 7 days a week.
Applications should be completed by the owner or their licensed professional. Forms must be thoroughly and accurately completed. Accuracy and completeness may directly affect the time required to process the application.
- New Construction Application (PDF): for use when applying for a new structure, residential or commercial. Note: An approved zoning permit is required prior to submittal.
- Addition / Alteration / Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Packet (PDF). Note: All additions, demolition, decks or any permits with a change to the footprint of the existing structure (repairs or new) require an approved zoning permit prior to applying for a building permit
- Express Permit Application (PDF): This application is to apply for insulation, windows, doors, siding, roofing and signs only. Note: Replacement Windows and/or Doors require documentation showing the U-values. All signs must have an approved zoning permit prior to a building permit application being submitted.
- Workers Comp Affidavit (PDF): to be completed and included with every building permit.
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Gas Permit Application (PDF)
- Sheet Metal Application (PDF)
- Solid Fuel Burning Application (PDF)
- Tent Permit Application (PDF)
- Trench Application (PDF)
- Trench Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Trench Law
- Trench Regulations 520 CMR
- Department of Public Safety - Trench FAQs
- Note: This trench permit is not to be used in conjunction with any Board of Health activities (perc test, septic repair, septic installation) or Street Opening Permits. Trench permits are required as of March 1, 2009.